It’s hard to believe, but Halloween is right around the corner. We’re sure you’re already well underway with planning your kids’ costumes for the candy-filled night, but when will you be able to trick-or-treat in Portsmouth NH in 2017? Read on to find out!
You might also be interested in: Pumpkin patches near Portsmouth NH
When to trick-or-treat in Portsmouth NH in 2017
When: October 30, 2017
Time: 5-8 pm
Portsmouth will be hosting its trick-or-treating event on Monday, October 30 from 5-8 p.m. Dress the littles up in their very finest costumes and collect all the candy they can! The Portsmouth Halloween Parade will take place the following evening, on Halloween, which is also open to all community members. Those interested in marching in the parade are invited to meet at Peirce Island by Prescott Park at 6 pm, and the parade will begin at 7.
Trick-or-treating safety tips
Whether you’re sending your mini-me’s out to trick-or-treat on their own or you are a local homeowner, there are a few safety tips you’ll want to follow to ensure safety for all trick-or-treaters.
- Set a curfew for your children to return to your house
- Have your child trick-or-treat in a group
- Send a flashlight with the kids so drivers can easily see them
- Check candy for tampering before allowing kids to eat it
- Remind kids to stay on the road…don’t take shortcuts through alleys or backyards
- Tell kids not to enter anyone’s home and stay on the front porch
- Turn on porch lights if you are interested in handing out candy
- Report any suspicious activity to the police department immediately
- Exercise extreme caution when driving, especially when backing out of driveways
- Try to keep dogs away from your front door to avoid scaring approaching children
Know of any other local trick-or-treat events where we can take our kiddos to collect some candy? If so, let us know the details of the event in the comments below so we can add it to our list! And from our whole team here at Seacoast Mazda, we hope you have a happy Halloween!