What is Mazda Certified Pre-Owned?
You probably know the difference between a new and a used car, but when people throw around the term ‘certified pre-owned’ you may not know exactly what they are talking about. We are here to help you understand that a little bit better. Learn more about what certified pre-owned vehicles are, what qualifies a Mazda a certified pre-owned, and some advantages of buying certified pre-owned vehicles below.
What is Certified Pre-Owned?
A certified pre-owned vehicle is almost like a compromise between a new vehicle and a used vehicle. When you buy a brand-new vehicle, you know that you are getting something of high quality, but you also know that you are spending a lot of money on something that will depreciate quickly. When you buy a used vehicle, it is more affordable, but you may not know exactly what shape it is in or when you may need to spend money on repairs or part replacements. Certified pre-owned vehicles are cars that are gently used, but they have also been through detailed inspections to make sure they are of high quality.
When you buy certified pre-owned, you save a little bit of money compared to a brand-new car, but you also make sure you are getting a used car that is of high quality. Certified pre-owned program also generally offer you additional perks like extended warranties and additional features.
All certified pre-owned vehicles are based on the same general idea, but each brand may have different qualifications to label something as certified pre-owned. You can learn more about Mazda’s particular standards below.
Which Mazda Vehicles Qualify as Certified Pre-Owned?
As discussed above, certified pre-owned vehicles are vehicles that are newer models that have been through inspections to be sure they are in good shape. However, every brand has slightly different standard when it comes to want qualifies as certified pre-owned. Below, you can check out which Mazda vehicles qualify as certified pre-owned and why.
- Newer Model Year – The goal of Mazda certified pre-owned vehicles is to offer their owners quality newer vehicles. You are not buying a new car, but you are buying a more recent Mazda vehicle. That is why to qualify as a certified pre-owned vehicle, any Mazda vehicle must be less than six years old. This ensures that certified pre-owned owners still have access to newer designs and technology.
- Low Mileage – Another qualification for certified pre-owned is that the vehicle has fewer than 80,000 miles on it. This is important because certified pre-owned vehicles should still have plenty of miles left to give you. The idea is that these vehicles are quality, and they will offer you many great years to come.
- Certified by Technicians – If a vehicle meets the two standards above, they are still not quite certified pre-owned. They also have to go through an inspection to become certified by experience Mazda technicians. This inspection covers 160-points of the vehicle to be sure that everything is in top shape. The 160-point inspection includes checking features like the a/c system, brakes, transmission, engine, exterior, interior, and more. The vehicle is completely inspected to be sure it’s in great shape.
The qualifications listed above are stringent, so not every vehicle qualifies to be certified pre-owned. That means when you choose to buy certified pre-owned, you know you are getting a quality vehicle. Check out other advantages of buying certified pre-owned Mazda vehicles below.
Advantages to Buying CPO Mazda Vehicles
The qualifications for certified pre-owned Mazda vehicles were discussed above. Now, we can talk about some of the advantages of buying certified pre-owned from Mazda. Check them out below.
- Nicer, Newer Vehicle – One huge advantage of buying certified pre-owned is that you are getting a nicer, newer vehicle. If you do not want to buy a brand-new car, you can go with certified pre-owned. Certified pre-owned vehicles ensure that you are getting a car that is newer and still of high quality. When you are buying used, you do not necessarily have the same level of quality.
- Additional Warranty Coverage – When you buy certified pre-owned, your vehicle may be new enough to still be covered by the warranty. However, Mazda also offers you additional CPO warranty coverage. You get a 7-year/100,000-mile CPO limited powertrain warranty with your certified pre-owned Mazda. You also get an additional 12-month/12,000-mile limited warranty. These warranties can protect you from having to spend money on repairs.
- Emergency Roadside Assistance – Another perk of being a Mazda certified pre-owned buyer is that you get emergency roadside assistance. Mazda offers a complimentary 24-hour emergency roadside assistance program for the duration of the 7-year/100,000-mile CPO limited powertrain warranty. This roadside assistance program includes services like lockout assistance, flat tire changes, jumps starts, gas delivery, and emergency towing to a Mazda dealership. This feature can keep you safer and give you peace of mind.
- AutoCheck Vehicle History Report – For many people, buying a new vehicle means that they know exactly where a car has or hasn’t been. You know what you are getting when you buy a new vehicle, but this is also true when you buy certified pre-owned. Every certified pre-owned Mazda comes with an AutoCheck vehicle history report so that you know exactly what you are getting from our vehicle. You also get three-year Buyback Protection from Experian.
- More Affordable Than a New Car – If you want a vehicle with some of the newer technology and features, but you don’t want to spend the money it takes to buy a brand-new vehicle, you should look at certified pre-owned. Certified pre-owned vehicles are much more affordable than buying a new vehicle, but you still have a vehicle that is like-new.