2019 Mazda MX-5 Miata
There are a lot of sports car options out there, but people always remain excited about the Mazda MX-5 Miata. This is a top sports car option with a lot of great features and capability for you to check out.
The Mazda MX-5 Miata has a long history in the automotive world. In fact, this vehicle recently celebrated 30 years of production with a special MX-5 Miata 30th Anniversary Edition that was found in a bright and bold Racing Orange paint color.
What else has been a part of this 30-year history? Well, the MX-5 Miata was first debuted in 1989 at the Chicago Auto Show. It has gone through some changes since then, but it has also remained true to its roots. When it first debuted, it was a lightweight, rear-wheel drive roadster that was powered by a 1.6-liter engine that produced 116-horsepower. In 1991, the Miata introduced its first special edition, which was a British Racing Green special edition. In 1994, the engine was upgraded slightly to give drivers more horsepower. In 2004, the Miata got even quicker with a turbocharged engine. Many more special editions and engine upgrades later, we are at the 2019 Mazda MX-5 Miata. This new vehicle is still very reminiscent of the 1989 version in style, but it has some new performance, technology, and safety features that make it even more worthwhile.
You can learn more about what the 2019 Mazda MX-5 Miata is really like below. We will discuss the performance of this vehicle, the exterior style, the interior features, the technology, and the safety features that can be found in this vehicle. However, if you want to check it out for yourself, you can always come in for a test drive.
Performance and Engine Options
The Mazda MX-5 Miata used to be powered by a 155-horsepower engine, but new for 2019 is a more powerful option. The engine in the 2019 Miata is a 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine that produces 181-horsepower and 151 pound-feet of torque. This engine can be paired with either the six-speed manual transmission or the six-speed automatic transmission with steering-wheel mounted paddle shifters. You also get a very fuel-efficient sports car option in the Miata with an estimated 26 city and 34 highway miles per gallon.
The Mazda MX-5 Miata might not look as powerful as some other sports cars, but it is exceptionally fun to drive. This is because the designers of this sports car focused on the beautiful connection of power, handling, and balance to make the most of every single bit of power and control this vehicle has to offer. The handling of the Mazda Miata is superb, and this vehicle offers you excellent balance as well.
This generation of the MX-5 Miata was also designed to be lighter than the previous generation so that you can feel the lightness and responsiveness of this vehicle. It is now a half-inch lower in height, and it is 141 pounds lighter to make the driving experience even better.
There are also some performance features that were added to the mid-level Club trim to add to the experience of driving the 2019 Miata. These features include Brembo brakes, Bilstein shock absorbers, a limited slip differential, and a sport-tuned suspension.
The exterior of the 2019 Miata has the right amount of classic looks combined with new design and technology. The Miata was inspired by the roadsters of the 1960s, but it has some unique features that are all its own. There are seven exterior color options for the 2019 Miata. These colors include Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Machine Gray Metallic, Snowflake White Pearl Mica, Ceramic Metallic, Eternal Blue Mica, Arctic White, or Jet Black Mica. All of these exterior colors can be paired with either a black or brown convertible soft top that can easily be put down to enjoy the beautiful weather. However, the Miata also has the option of a power-retractable hardtop on certain models.
Other styling elements on the 2019 Miata include the heritage taillights that are the iconic round design, but they are sleeker and more compact than before. There is also a new LED low beam that has a great style and produces better visibility for you on your drive.
The interior of the 2019 Miata seats just two people. It comes standard with cloth upholstery, but it offers you interior options like Nappa leather upholstery, Recaro sport seats, and heated seats.
The 2019 MX-5 Miata also has three different trim levels for you to check out. Each of these trims has different interior features and options. Learn more below.
- Sport – The Sport is the base trim. This vehicle has a manually folding soft top as well as technology features like Bluetooth, a rearview camera, keyless entry, and the Mazda Connect infotainment system with a touchscreen.
- Club – The Club trim is available in the soft top as well as the power-retractable hardtop. This trim adds some performance and safety features like Bilstein shocks, a sport-tuned suspension, blind spot monitoring, and rear cross traffic alert.
- Grand Touring – This model is also available in either soft or hardtop. It adds some safety technology features as well as leather upholstery, a navigation system, and automatic climate control.
As you can see, each vehicle has a lot to offer you. You can learn more about some of the specific technology features standard and available below.
When it comes to technology, the 2019 MX-5 Miata offers you standard features like the Mazda Connect infotainment system and a 7-inch touchscreen. This infotainment system is easy to use, and it connects you to different technology and apps. You also get features like Bluetooth, keyless entry, and a rearview camera standard.
Available technology upgrades for the Miata include a navigation system that can help you get to your next destination hands-free, a Bose premium audio system, and some driver assistance features. You can learn more about these active safety technologies below.
The 2019 Mazda MX-5 Miata not only performs well for you, but it keeps you safe. Mazda’s i-Activsense technology uses radars, cameras, and sensors to help you stay safer on the road. This technology includes features like smart city brake support, blind spot monitoring, traffic sign recognition, lane departure warning, rear cross traffic alert, and more. Check out how some of these i-Activsense technologies work below.
- Traffic Sign Recognition – This safety feature helps you in case you miss a road sign. Traffic sign recognition uses a camera to scan for road signs, and that information is displayed on the Miata’s LCD display screen. The traffic sign recognition feature can show you speed limit signs, stop signs, and do not enter signs so that you don’t miss a thing.
- Blind Spot Monitoring – Every vehicle has blind spots, but with the available blind spot monitoring, you are alerted to objects or vehicles in your blind spot. This system provides you with an audial and visual warning if there is something in your blind spot.
- Adaptive Front-Lighting System – Most headlights can only help you see in a straight line, but that does not help you much if you are turning. In the Mazda Miata, you have an available adaptive front-lighting system where the headlights pivot 15 degrees in the direction you are turning. This can help you see better at night.
- High Beam Control – This feature helps you stay safer when you are driving at night. High beam control maximizes the opportunity for you to use your high beams by automatically switching them on and off for you when necessary.
All of these safety technologies work to help prevent collisions before they occur. This advanced technology is one of the many reasons that the 2019 Mazda Miata is a great vehicle option.
First and foremost, a sports car should be fun to drive, and the 2019 Mazda MX-5 Miata is. This vehicle is ultra responsive because it was designed to bring you the perfect blend of balance and power. The Miata also looks great with a classic design that has new touches added to it. Finally, when you add in the advanced technology and safety features, this vehicle becomes even more incredible.
If you have any questions about the Mazda MX-5 Miata, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. If you are serious about buying this vehicle, stop in for a test drive today!