2020 Mazda CX-30
Crossovers and SUVs are popular vehicles because they offer you plenty of passenger space and cargo space. Automakers are coming up with new crossover vehicles all the time. For 2020, Mazda is bringing you an all-new crossover called the Mazda CX-30. This vehicle will fit in the current Mazda lineup in between the CX-3 and the CX-5.
Mazda provides you with vehicles that have upscale interiors and are fun to drive. That is why it is exciting when Mazda comes out with a new vehicle. They always provide vehicles that have a lot to offer you.
Below, we are going to take a closer look at exactly what the new Mazda CX-30 has to offer you. This will include the performance, exterior size and features, interior comforts, technology features, and safety features. Learn more below.
Performance and Engine Options
Under the hood of the 2020 Mazda CX-30, you can find the power and performance you need. This vehicle is home to a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine. This engine gives you 186-horsepower and 186 pound-feet of torque. This vehicle is responsive with smooth acceleration and plenty of horsepower. You can also get good fuel economy with the 2020 CX-30. This vehicle offers you 25 city and 32 highway miles per gallon.
With the Mazda CX-30, you also have performance features like the available i-Activ AWD. This feature helps you get more torque to help with traction loss so that you can get the performance you need even in tough conditions. This AWD feature can help you in rain and snow, but it can also help you if you want to go off-road. You can press the off-road traction assist button to help you if you are going somewhere less traveled.
The 2020 Mazda CX-30 can be found on a 104.5-inch wheelbase. This vehicle measures 173 inches long, 70.7 inches wide, and 61.7 inches tall. This puts the new Mazda vehicle between the size of the CX-3 and the CX-5. The all-new CX-3 is larger than the CX-3, giving you more passenger space and more cargo space.
When it comes to exterior features, the 2020 CX-30 gives you some great options. This vehicle has a power liftgate, LED headlights, roof rails, and an adaptive front lighting system. The exterior of the CX-30 is also beautifully sculpted with a sweeping S-curve, great aerodynamics, and an exterior that plays with light and shadow.
On the inside of the Mazda CX-30, you have comfortable seating for up to five people. This vehicle gives you standard cloth seating, but you have options like leather seating, heated seats, dual-zone automatic climate control, and more. This vehicle gives you plenty of room for both front and rear passengers with 38.3-inches of rear headroom in the second row.
Another factor to consider regarding the interior of this vehicle is the cargo space. Behind the second row of seating, you can find 20 cubic feet of cargo space, which is larger than the cargo area in the CX-3.
Also, we are going to take a look at the different trim levels to see what the differences are. Each trim level can offer you specific interior and exterior features. Check them out below.
- Base – The base model of the Mazda CX-30 offers you a good number of standard features. This vehicle comes with technology like a Mazda Connect infotainment system, an 8.8-inch display, voice command, Bluetooth, two USB ports, and a rearview camera. You also get features like rain-sensing windshield wipers, lane departure warning, driver attention alert, lane keep assist, push-button start, and remote keyless entry.
- Select – Your next trim level is the Select, which gives you upgrades like 18-inch alloy wheels, dual-zone automatic climate control, blind spot monitoring, leatherette-trimmed sport seats, and a leather steering wheel. You also get features like Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and a 12-volt power outlet.
- Preferred – The Preferred package adds features like heated front seats, an eight-way power-adjustable driver’s seat, and a 12-speaker premium Bose audio system. You also get some upgraded exterior features like a front grille in a glossy finish and a roof-mounted shark fin antenna.
- Premium – Your highest trim level option is the Premium package, so it will be the biggest investment, but it adds a lot of great features. With the Premium package, you get features like leather-trimmed seats, a power liftgate, an adaptive front lighting system, and a full-color active driving display. You also get a power-sliding glass moonroof and roof rails in your Mazda CX-30.
Above, we talked about the features that can be found on each trim level of the 2020 Mazda CX-30, including the technology features. Below, we are going to take a closer look at the technology offered in this vehicle and how it can add convenience to your life.
There are a lot of great technology features found in the Mazda CX-30. This vehicle has a Mazda Connect infotainment system with an 8.8-inch display. This system gives you access to music, podcasts, apps, weather, navigation, and more. You also get technology features like Apple CarPlay and Android Auto that can keep you connected to your smartphone. With these connective technologies, you can have access to phone contacts, text messages, and compatible apps through your Mazda infotainment system.
Another important technology feature that goes with your Mazda CX-30 is the Mazda Connected Services and the MyMazda app. This app allows you to remotely start and stop your vehicle, locate your vehicle, keep track of your vehicle diagnostics, and send for roadside assistance. This app can help you stay connected with what is going on with your CX-30.
There is also technology like the Active Driving Display. This feature projects vehicle data like your current speed onto the windshield so that you do not have to take your eyes off the road. Similarly, there are some great active safety features that can look out for you while you are driving your Mazda CX-30. Read more about those below.
The 2020 Mazda CX-30 was built to be safer for you with a body built from high-tensile steel. However, this vehicle is also agile and lightweight in all the right places to keep you mobile and protected. Another thing that keeps you protected in the Mazda CX-30 are the active safety features called i-Activsense safety features. These features include technologies like blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert, lane departure warning, cruise control with stop and go, smart city brake support, driver attention alert, high beam control, and an adaptive front lighting system. Learn more details about how a few of these features work below.
- Radar Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go Technology – This feature makes sure you do not get too close to the vehicle in front of you when you are driving. The Mazda Radar Cruise Control helps you maintain a preset speed, and the stop-and-go technology will automatically slow you down if you are getting too close to the vehicle in front of you.
- Driver Attention Alert – This feature keeps track of driver steering and lane position to detect when a driver has decreased attention or fatigue. If this feature detects decreased attentiveness, it will produce a warning sound and a visual alert.
- Smart City Brake Support – When the driver is going at lower speeds in the city, this safety feature is on the lookout for pedestrians, vehicles, and bicyclists that may be in the way. This system will warn the driver if there is something in their path, and it will apply the brakes if the driver does not do so.
- Adaptive Front Lighting System – This safety feature is to help you see better at night. In a normal vehicle, your headlights simply point straight forward, which is fine, unless you are turning. The Adaptive Front Lighting System gives you headlights that pivot in the direction of your turn so that you can see better and see potential hazards at night.
With safety features like those discussed above, the Mazda CX-30 is a vehicle that is looking out for you and your loved ones while you are on the road.
The 2020 Mazda CX-30 is an all-new Mazda vehicle. It is an exciting option because it offers you another option for a crossover vehicle. It gives you great performance, technology, and great features, and you get another option for size in a Mazda vehicle. If you have any questions about the all-new CX-30, you can reach out to us at Seacoast Mazda. We would be happy to answer any of your questions or set you up with a test drive today.