2020 Mazda MX-5 Miata
The Mazda MX-5 Miata first debuted at the Chicago Auto Show in 1989. This vehicle was a lightweight roadster that was beautiful, as well as being fun to drive, and it still is thirty years later. Below, you can learn more about all that the 2020 Mazda Miata has to offer you. This vehicle gives you a lot in terms of performance, interior features, technology, safety features, and more.
Performance and Engine Options
The Mazda Miata is one of the most well-known sports cars, and one of the most popular sports cars. This vehicle is built to perform better for you, and while it might not have the most horsepower of every sports car, the attention is in the details, and it shows through in the performance of the Miata. Learn more about the performance of this vehicle below.
- Engine – The 2020 Mazda MX-5 Miata is home to a 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine that gives you 181-horsepower and 151 pound-feet of torque. This engine has increased horsepower from the 2018 model year. This engine is also paired with a six-speed manual transmission, but a six-speed automatic transmission is available.
- Design – The Miata was designed is a way to help it perform better for you. This vehicle has Skyactiv technology that contributes to the lightness of this vehicle and its superb balance. This vehicle has also lost over 135 from the previous generation to make it lighter and more nimble than ever. The 2020 Miata also has a near-perfect 50/50 weight distribution to give it incredible performance.
- Performance Features – There are also some additional performance features that can be added to the Miata to help this vehicle function even better for you. This vehicle has options like Brembo brakes, Bilstein shocks, a limited-slip differential, and a sport-tuned suspension.
- Fuel Efficiency – The MX-5 Miata is also incredibly fuel-efficient for a sports car. This vehicle offers you 26 city and 34 highway miles per gallon, which is far beyond what most sports cars off you.
As you can see, the 2020 Miata offers you incredible performance, but that is not all that this vehicle has going for it. Learn more about what else it offers you below.
The exterior of the 2020 Mazda Miata was designed and inspired based on the 1960s roadsters, but this vehicle also has its own style. This vehicle conveys motion throughout its design, including all the little details like the circular taillights and the LED turn signals. The exterior of the Mazda Miata is available in two different body styles. You have the soft-top convertible option that is found on any trim level, or you have the hardtop retractable fastback option that can be found on the Club or Grand Touring trims. Whichever Mazda Miata model that you choose, you are guaranteed to have incredible style and design, as well as functional performance.
The Mazda Miata seats two people with a driver-centered cockpit. This vehicle has comfortable seating, some nice technology features, and excellent visibility. The exact interior features you get with your 2020 Mazda MX-5 Miata depend on the trim level. Each trim level has different features, and there are three trim options for the 2020 Miata. These are described below.
- Sport – Your base trim level for the Miata is the Sport. The Sport trim offers you features like Bluetooth, USB ports, keyless entry, a rearview camera, a Mazda Connect infotainment system, and a 7-inch touchscreen. Also, new for 2020, the Sport trim offers you safety technology like lane departure warning, blind spot monitoring, and automatic emergency braking.
- Club – The Club trim is your next option, and this trim gives you features like heated seats and a nine-speaker Bose audio system. For 2020, you also get Apple CarPlay and Android Auto with this trim to keep you connected to your devices. With the Club trim, you also have the option of getting the power-retractable hardtop roof, which is not available in the Sport trim.
- Grand Touring – Your final trim option for the 2020 Miata is the Grand Touring. This trim gives you features like leather upholstery, a navigation system, traffic sign recognition, rain-sensing windshield wipers, and more. You also get some performance features like a sport suspension, Bilstein shocks, and a limited-slip differential.
Which Miata trim is right for you? The answer depends on the kind of features you want in your vehicle. If you have any questions about which trim you should choose, you can reach out to us at Seacoast Mazda.
When it comes to technology, there is a lot that the Mazda Miata has to offer you. This vehicle gives you features like the Mazda Connect infotainment system with a 7-inch touchscreen. This infotainment system is easy to use, and it allows you to have access to music, entertainment, navigation, apps, and more through your vehicle and the touchscreen.
To connect yourself even further, you can find Apple CarPlay and Android Auto on the 2020 Mazda MX-5 Miata. This is the first time these features will be found on this vehicle for the 2020 model year. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto allow you to access your phone through the infotainment system and touchscreen. You can have access to your phone contacts, music from your phone, apps from your phone, and more through Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.
Other technology features that can be found in this vehicle include Bluetooth, a navigation system, satellite radio, and a nine-speaker Bose audio system. These features can help you keep your eyes on the road, know where you are going, and stay entertained on your drive.
There are some great technology features in the 2020 Mazda MX-5 Miata that keep you connected and entertained, but there are also some great technology features that look out for your safety. Check out some of this safety technology in greater detail below.
As our vehicles add more technology, these vehicles can get safer for you. The Mazda MX-5 Miata has different cameras, sensors, and radars that help you stay safer while you are driving. This vehicle can provide alerts of obstacles in your path, and it can help you avoid potential collisions with some of the safety technology you can find in the Miata.
Also, for 2020, several of these safety features are going to be standard even on the base level trim option. All 2020 Mazda Miata vehicles will have lane departure warning, automatic emergency braking, and blind spot monitoring standard. Other Miata vehicles may also have features like an adaptive front lighting system, rear cross traffic alert, high beam control, and a traffic sign recognition system.
- Traffic Sign Recognition – This safety feature helps you in case you miss a road sign. Traffic sign recognition uses a camera to scan for road signs, and that information is displayed on the Miata’s LCD display screen. The traffic sign recognition feature can show you speed limit signs, stop signs, and do not enter signs so that you don’t miss a thing.
- Blind Spot Monitoring – Every vehicle has blind spots. These blind spots can cause accidents because we do not see a car until it could be too late. The blind spot monitoring feature alerts you to a vehicle in your blind spot. It does this with a warning light in your side mirror and/or an audial alert. Smart City Brake Support – This feature helps you avoid collisions while you are doing city driving. When you are traveling between two and 18 miles per hour, smart city brake support helps you detect a vehicle that is ahead. If this feature detects an imminent impact, it will start to apply the brakes to avoid a collision. Lane Departure Warning – Lane departure warning is a system that helps you stay in your lane. It does this by giving you audial or visual alerts if you are drifting from your lane unintentionally. This feature is for use when you are driving faster on highways, so it only works if you are traveling 44 miles per hour or higher. Adaptive Front Lighting System – This safety system helps you see better. When it is dark on the roads at night, it can be easier to get into an accident or collision because you cannot see as well. You may not see obstacles or vehicles in your path, especially as you are turning. That is why the adaptive front lighting system is in place. This system pivots the headlights as you turn a corner so that you are able to see around that corner better to spot potential hazards.
As you can see, there are plenty of features that help keep you safe while you are driving your 2020 Mazda MX-5 Miata. These features look out for you as you are enjoying every drive.<p.The Mazda Miata is a fun to drive sports car that offers you plenty of great technology and interior features. This vehicle is built for performance, but it also gives you a style that turns heads. If you want to test drive the Mazda Miata yourself, you can come down to Seacoast Mazda.