If you are looking for a midsize car that is fun to drive and has plenty of features, the 2020 Mazda6 is the vehicle for you. The 2020 Mazda6 has a fun performance, a high-end interior, some great technology features, and plenty of safety features included.
You can learn more about exactly what this vehicle offers you below. We are going to take a closer look at this vehicle in terms of performance, exterior, interior, safety, and technology.
Performance and Engine Options
Mazda pays close attention to the driving dynamics of its vehicles to give you a fun and athletic performance. The 2020 Mazda6 is no different. This vehicle has some exciting engine options that give you a car that is truly fun to drive. Learn more about them below.
- 2.5-liter four-cylinder – The engine that is found in the Sport and Touring trims is a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine. This engine produces 187-horsepower, and it is paired with a six-speed automatic transmission. You also get about 26 city miles per gallon and 35 highway miles per gallon with this base engine.
- Turbocharged 2.5-liter four-cylinder – Your second engine option is a turbocharged 2.5-liter engine. This engine is found in the other three trim levels of the 2020 Mazda6, and it produces up to 250-horsepower for a slightly more exciting performance. This engine also comes with a six-speed automatic transmission. In terms of efficiency, it gives you about 23 city miles per gallon and 31 highway miles per gallon.
The 2020 Mazda6 gives you an athletic performance with great steering and a good riding experience. However, excellent performance is just one great aspect of this vehicle. Learn more about what other things the Mazda6 has to offer you below.
The 2020 Mazda6 has a beautifully sculpted exterior that looks like it is always in motion. This “Soul of Motion” design theme looks great and functions well for you. The exterior of this vehicle has features like LED headlights, LED daytime running lights, LED combination taillights, and more. You have dual exhaust outlets with chrome tips, rain-sensing windshield wipers, and an available power-sliding glass moonroof. This vehicle is also available in six different exterior color options, including Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Snowflake White Pearl Mica, Machine Gray Metallic, Sonic Silver Metallic, Deep Crystal Blue Mica, and Jet Black Mica. Next, let’s look at what the 2020 Mazda6 has to offer you on the inside of this vehicle.
On the inside of the 2020 Mazda6, you can find comfortable seating for five passengers. This vehicle offers you standard cloth seats, but you have the option of leather seating, heated seats, and a heated steering wheel. Learn more about each of the features offered with each different Mazda6 model below.
- Sport – Your base model for the 2020 Mazda6 is the Mazda6 Sport. This vehicle comes with the i-Activsense suite of safety features standard. You also get features like a push-button start, dual-zone automatic climate control, an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system, two USB ports, and Bluetooth. You also get a leather-wrapped steering wheel in the Sport model.
- Touring – Next up is the Touring model, which is worth the upgrade because it adds smartphone connectivity with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. You also get heated front seats, a moonroof, and synthetic leather upholstery on the inside of this model.
- Grand Touring – This model is the first one to offer you the turbocharged engine standard, so if you are looking for that extra power, you will want to look into this model. The Grand Touring also gives you an 11-speaker Bose premium audio system.
- Grand Touring Reserve – When you jump up to the Grand Touring Reserve, you still have that turbocharged engine, and you add genuine leather upholstery, adaptive headlights, ventilated front seats, and a head-up display.
- Signature – The Signature is the high-end Mazda6 model. This vehicle gives you Nappa leather upholstery and some great safety features like Traffic Sign Recognition, parking sensors, and a surround-view parking camera.
Also, on the inside of this vehicle, you have some trunk space for cargo. Your Mazda6 trunk gives you 14.7 cubic feet of trunk space, which is a good amount for this size of a sedan. Learn more about the technology features that are offered in the 2020 Mazda6 below.
You can find some great technology features in the 2020 Mazda6. This car is home to a user-friendly infotainment system with an 8-inch touchscreen display system. This vehicle also gives you two USB ports and Bluetooth standard so that you can connect to your smartphone hands-free.
If you want to upgrade the technology in your vehicle, you can add features like a navigation system, satellite radio, and two more USB ports. You can also get Apple CarPlay and Android Auto to connect more easily to your smartphone. Also, for those that love to listen to things while they are driving, you have the option of an 11-speaker premium Bose sound system in your 2020 Mazda6.
Safety is a top priority in the 2020 Mazda6. This vehicle provides you with plenty of safety features standard with the i-Activsense suite of safety features included on the base model. This suite of safety features includes a rearview camera, automatic emergency braking, forward collision warning, lane keep assist, adaptive cruise control, pedestrian detection, rear cross traffic alert, and lane departure warning. There are also available features like a head-up display, parking sensors, and a surround-view parking camera. You can learn a little bit more about some of these safety features below.
- Adaptive Front Lighting System – This system helps you see better at night. The Adaptive Front Lighting System allows your headlights to pivot in the direction you are turning so that you can improve your visibility and spot potential hazards.
- Advanced Smart City Brake Support – Smart City Brake Support is used when you are driving at a slower speed in the city or in parking lots. This feature helps to detect vehicles or pedestrians in your way. It gives you a warning when it detects something in your path, and it applies the brakes if necessary.
- Radar Cruise Control with Stop and Go – This safety feature makes driving in traffic easier. The Radar Cruise Control system helps you maintain a specific distance from the car in front of you. Your vehicle can automatically slow down or stop to follow the traffic and avoid a potential collision.
- Traffic Sign Recognition System – Your Mazda6 has cameras that are mounted to read road signs for the traffic sign recognition system. This system reads speed limit signs, stop signs, and do not enter signs to help you in case you miss a sign. This information is read by the cameras, and it is put in your active driving display so that you can see it right in your line of vision. It is beneficial if you missed a speed limit sign or another sign while you were driving.
The descriptions above give you a better idea of what safety looks like in the 2020 Mazda6. This Mazda vehicle has advanced safety systems that look out for you in all different kinds of driving situations. The i-Activsense suite of safety features looks out for you in the 2020 Mazda6, and it comes standard even in the base model.
Your Mazda6 can provide you with an exciting performance, a high-end interior, lots of technology, and safety that you can rely on. There is a lot to love about this vehicle, and it could be a great option for your next upgrade. This midsize car gives you an exciting driving experience and a great interior to call your own. If you have any questions about the 2020 Mazda6, or you would like to check out this vehicle for yourself, reach out to us at Seacoast Mazda.