2020 Mazda CX-5
Midsize SUVs are a great option for everyone, from families to adventurers. If you are looking for space for kids, cargo, or both, you can find in it a midsize SUV like the 2020 Mazda CX-5. The CX-5 also gives you a vehicle that is stylish and fun to drive, so you don’t have to make any sacrifices. The 2020 Mazda CX-5 is a vehicle that has a lot going for it, and you can learn more about it right here.
Below, you can learn about the performance and engine options, the interior, the exterior, the technology, and the safety features that can be found on the 2020 Mazda CX-5. Check all this out below, and let us know if you have any questions about this vehicle.
Performance and Engine Options
First, let’s take a look at the performance of this midsize SUV from Mazda. The Mazda CX-5 offers you a great performance with multiple engine options so that you can get the power and efficiency you are looking for. Check out your engine options for the 2020 Mazda CX-5 below.
- 2.5-liter four-cylinder – The base engine for the CX-5 is a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine. This engine provides 187-horsepower. This engine comes standard with a six-speed automatic transmission. It also gives you good fuel economy with about 25 miles per gallon in the city and 31 miles per gallon on the highway.
- Turbocharged 2.5-liter – Your next engine option in the 2020 CX-5 was an engine that was new for the 2019 model year. This is a turbocharged 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine. It gives you a lot more power than the base engine of this vehicle with up to 250-horsepower. This engine also comes standard with a six-speed automatic transmission. For fuel economy, you can expect around 23 city miles per gallon and 28 highway miles per gallon.
- 2.2-liter diesel four-cylinder – This diesel engine will be a great addition to the 2020 Mazda CX-5. It is a 2.2-liter Skyactiv-D turbo-diesel four-cylinder engine. It produces 168-horsepower and 290 pound-feet of torque. The exact fuel economy numbers are unknown, but you can expect it to be more than the base engine’s 31 miles per gallon.
Those engine options are all great ones. However, the Mazda CX-5 offers you more than just good engines. The Mazda CX-5 was built with Skyactiv technology to give you the performance you have been waiting for. The CX-5 gives you features like Skyactiv vehicle dynamics with G-Vectoring control plus. This technology helps to smoothly adjust power delivery and shift vehicle weight to get you through the corners smoothly and seamlessly. This type of attention to performance is why Mazda vehicles are so fun to drive. Be sure to check out the performance of the 2020 Mazda CX-5 for yourself by taking a test drive at Seacoast Mazda.
The exterior style of the 2020 Mazda CX-5 is designed to capture life and motion with the KODO Soul of Motion design philosophy. This vehicle has beautiful curves and an elegant look. There are also some great exterior features that step-up style and performance. For example, you can find optional 19-inch wheels with a Dark Silver finish on the CX-5. You also have exterior features like a power liftgate, a moonroof, heated side mirrors, fog lights, and more.
The interior of the Mazda CX-5 is near-luxury. This vehicle is made from quality materials, and you feel surrounded by excellence when you are in the cabin. The 2020 CX-5 has seating for five people on standard cloth upholstery. However, you have the option to upgrade your seating with options like leatherette upholstery with suede inserts and leather-trimmed seats. There are also heated front seats, heated rear seats, a heated steering wheel, and ventilated front seats available in this cabin.
When it comes to cargo space in the CX-5, you will find 30.9 cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear seats of this vehicle. You can also fold the rear seats to get up to 59.6 cubic feet of cargo space, and you can also get a power liftgate to make it easier to load your cargo.
The different trim levels of the CX-5 offer you different interior features. Check out some of the features offered by each trim level below.
- Sport – The Sport trim is your base option for the Mazda CX-5. This trim has features like a 7-inch touchscreen, an infotainment system, USB ports, and Bluetooth. It also has standard safety features like a rearview camera, blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert, and more.
- Touring – The Touring trim adds Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity for added connection to your smartphone. You also get features like heated front seats and leatherette seating with suede inserts.
- Grand Touring – The Grand Touring gets a little bit grander on the inside with leather-trimmed seats, a moonroof, a Bose premium audio system, and more.
- Grand Touring Reserve – The Grand Touring Reserve trim was an all-new option for 2019. This trim gives you additional features like traffic sign recognition and a head-up display, but the big change is the standard turbocharged engine instead of the base engine.
- Signature – This is your highest trim option. It is the most luxurious option featuring Nappa leather upholstery, wood trim, and a 360-degree parking camera.
There are a lot of great features found in the 2020 CX-5. Let’s take a closer look at those technology features to see how connected this vehicle can keep you.
There is a lot of standard technology in the 2020 Mazda CX-5. This vehicle features Bluetooth, two USB ports, a Mazda Connect infotainment system, and a 7-inch touchscreen. This touchscreen is easy to use and intuitive, and the other features help keep you connected to your smartphone and other devices.
You can upgrade your vehicle to get additional technology. Some of this technology includes Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity. These features are good ones to have because they allow you to have access to your smartphone, your music, your phone contacts, and your apps through the touchscreen infotainment system. You can also get additional features like two more USB ports, a navigation system, and satellite radio. The CX-5 also has the option of a 10-speaker Bose premium audio system. This can be great for those that like to listen to music and more during their car ride. Below, you can learn more about the safety technology that can be found in the Mazda CX-5.
The Mazda CX-5 was built to be safer for you. This vehicle was designed with safety in mind, and it also has some amazing added safety features and technologies. In the Mazda CX-5, you can get safety technologies like Blind Spot Monitoring, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Advanced Smart City Brake Support with Pedestrian Detection, Lane Keep Assist, Lane Departure Warning System, Adaptive Front Lighting, a head-up display, and Traffic Sign Recognition.
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert – Rear Cross Traffic Alert acts like an extra set of eyes in the back of your vehicle. This feature detects vehicles crossing your path in the rear as you are backing up. It gives you an audial and visual warning if it detects an approaching vehicle.
- Advanced Smart City Brake Support with Pedestrian Detection – This safety feature helps to avoid pedestrians and vehicles ahead. It uses a forward-facing camera that checks the lane in front of you. If this camera detects pedestrians or a vehicle ahead where an impact is predicted, it will warn you or apply the brakes.
- Lane Departure Warning System – This system works to give you an alert if you are unintentionally drifting from your lane. The Lane Departure Warning System works when you are traveling at speeds higher than 37 miles per hour, and it gives you an audible and visual warning if you are drifting out of your lane.
There are a lot of great safety features and technologies that can be found on the 2020 Mazda CX-5. This vehicle is more advanced than ever.
The 2020 Mazda CX-5 is a midsize SUV that has a lot of great things going for it. This vehicle is packed with technology and safety features. It also provides you with the exciting performance you need to take on your everyday life. Reach out to us at Seacoast Mazda if you have any questions about the 2020 Mazda CX-5.