2019 Mazda CX-5
The Mazda CX-5 should be on the list for anyone that is in the market for a compact SUV. This vehicle is thoughtfully and carefully designed to make your driving experience as good as possible. There are also some incredible features that set this vehicle apart from the competition.
The CX-5 was first introduced by Mazda in 2012 for the 2013 model year. That means this vehicle is not very old, but it has been very popular since its creation. SUVs are great vehicle options for the modern driver because they offer capability, storage space, fuel efficiency, and so much more.
Below, we have broken down the 2019 Mazda CX-5 so that you can learn more about every aspect of this vehicle. You can gain knowledge on the performance, engine options, exterior style and features, interior, technology, and safety of the Mazda CX-5 below. Check it out!
Performance and Engine Options
The Mazda CX-5 is a compact SUV. This vehicle is not huge, but it offers you a pretty big performance. The 2019 CX-5 has three different engine options for you to choose from. Learn more about these below.
- 2.5-liter four-cylinder – Your base engine is a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine. This engine produces 182-horsepower, which is plenty of power for everyday driving. For fuel efficiency, the base engine gives you 25 city and 31 highway miles per gallon.
- Turbocharged 2.5-liter – The second engine option is a turbocharged 2.5-liter four-cylinder. This engine option is new for the 2019 year, and it is a more powerful option than your base engine. You can get up to 250-horsepower with this engine. You can also get around 23 city and 28 highway miles per gallon for fuel efficiency.
- 2.2-liter turbo diesel – Your third and final engine option for the CX-5 is a diesel engine. The 2.2-liter turbo diesel engine is also new for 2019. This engine gives you 168-horsepower, and it also gives you the best overall fuel efficiency. You can expect to get 27 city and 30 highway miles per gallon.
Those three engine options are each going to provide you with a good performance. Your choice depends on the exact needs you have for your engine.
Regardless of which engine you choose, the Mazda CX-5 is going to be a fun vehicle to drive. Mazda vehicles like the 2019 Mazda CX-5 are crafted to deliver stellar performance. They do this with technology like Skyactiv vehicle dynamics with g-vectoring control. This technology helps you get a smoother and more precise driving experience. It does this by adjusting power delivery and shifting vehicle weight. The craftsmanship of the 2019 CX-5 focuses on the details to deliver optimum performance.
When you take a look at the exterior of the Mazda CX-5, it almost looks like it is moving even when it is standing still. That is the KODO: Soul of Motion design. Countless designers worked to achieve a design that captured the energy and life of motion, and they put in into the exterior of the 2019 Mazda CX-5.
There are also several trim levels that can be found on the 2019 Mazda CX-5. Each trim level offers you different options when it comes to style and features. Check out some of the details right here.
- Sport – The base trim is the Sport. This vehicle has an infotainment system with a 7-inch touchscreen, Bluetooth, blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, and cloth upholstery. On the exterior, this vehicle has 17-inch wheels with a gray metallic finish, a roof-mounted shark fin antenna, and dual exhaust outlets with a bright finish.
- Touring – The Touring trim offers you leatherette seats with suede inserts, heated front seats, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, adaptive cruise control, and lane departure warning.
- Grand Touring – The Grand Touring trim gives you leather-trimmed seats, a premium 10-speaker Bose audio system, and a moonroof. On the exterior, the Grand Touring gives you features like LED daytime running lights, 19-inch aluminum alloy wheels, and an adaptive front lighting system.
- Grand Touring Reserve– This trim features the turbocharged engine option standard as well as heated rear seats, a heated steering wheel, a head-up display, and ventilated front seats.
- Signature – Your highest trim level option is the Signature. This vehicle is the most luxurious with Nappa leather upholstery, wood trim, unique styling, the i-Activ all-wheel drive system, and a 360-degree parking camera.
The exterior of the Mazda CX-5 was designed thoughtfully, and the interior of this vehicle was designed with care as well. Learn more about what you can find on the inside in the next section.
One step into the Mazda CX-5 and you feel surrounded by comfort and luxury. The cabin of the Mazda CX-5 feels more high-end than many of the vehicles in its class. This vehicle seats up to five people on standard cloth upholstery. This vehicle also has a standard leather-wrapped steering wheel and manually adjustable front seats.
If you want to upgrade your cabin, you have options like leatherette upholstery with suede inserts and leather-trimmed seats. You also have the option for heated seats, ventilated front seats, a moonroof, dual-zone automatic climate control, and a heated steering wheel.
When it comes to cargo capacity inside the Mazda CX-5, you 30.9 cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear seats. However, when you fold down the second row of seating, you can get up to 59.6 cubic feet of storage space. You can also get the convenience of the optional power liftgate to give you easier access to your trunk space. There are also some great technology features that can be found in the 2019 CX-5, and you can learn about those below.
In the Mazda CX-5, you have a lot of great standard and available connective technology. Standard technology features in this vehicle include Bluetooth, two USB ports, a 7-inch touchscreen, HD radio, and a voice command system. You also have standard features like a rearview camera and a push-button start.
Optional technology upgrades include Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, a navigation system, two more USB ports, and a premium 10-speaker Bose audio system. There are also some great available safety features that you can learn about in the next section.
Safety is another large part of what makes the Mazda CX-5 a great SUV. This vehicle was designed to be safer for you, and it also has some great safety technology features. Learn more about what makes this vehicle safe right here.
- Top Safety Pick – Safety was a priority in the creation of the Mazda CX-5, and it shows. This SUV was named a 2017 IIHS Top Safety Pick Plus, which is the highest possible safety rating from IIHS.
- I-Activsense – One of the reasons the 2019 CX-5 is such a safe vehicle is the i-Activsense technology that is integrated into the vehicle. The CX-5 has radars and cameras that can help alert you of other vehicles and potential collisions so that you can avoid them. This vehicle has active safety technology features like adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, forward collision warning, parking sensors, traffic sign recognition, and more.
- A Safer Design – Another reason the Mazda CX-5 is a safe vehicle is the design of this vehicle. The 2019 CX-5 was built with a rigid skyactiv-body with ring structure. This helps to keep you safer in the event of a collision or accident. This vehicle is also built with SRS airbag systems, an anti-intrusion brake pedal, and a seatbelt with pretensioner and load limiter.
The 2019 Mazda CX-5 is a top SUV. This vehicle has so many different things going for it. Not only does it offer you a top performance with great engine options and special performance technology, this vehicle also offers you a lot of great features. The interior of the Mazda CX-5 is comfortable and welcoming, and it offers you technology to keep you connected and entertained throughout your road trip. This SUV was also designed to be safer for you and your loved ones. If you have any questions about this vehicle, don’t hesitate to reach out to us.